As a product owner with a background in web development and an education in graphic design, I can efficiently lead a team by advocating for your business objectives and your users’ needs. I love responsive design, beautiful typography, efficient code, and helping clients distill their needs into actionable ideas.
Product Owner / Frontend DeveloperatinAustin
Product ownership, mobile-first frontend development, Drupal theming and light module development, graphic design. Projects include:
- Forcepoint, powered by Raytheon — Product Owner (requirements gathering, scope control, story writing, feature prioritization, release planning, and internal client advocate) for a mobile-first responsive Drupal marketing site launched on a short timeline following the announcement of the joint venture between Websense and Raytheon Cyber Products. Editors are able to reuse content throughout the site to reduce maintenance overhead, translate content into seven core languages in a centralized interface, target customizable geographic regions for increased relevance, and receive deeper leads insight through tight integration with Marketo and Tealium. (Four Kitchens Announcement)
- Texas Exes: 2014 Rebuild — Product Owner and lead developer for a new Drupal site for Texas Exes, the Aluni Association of The University of Texas at Austin. Through Salesforce integration and single-sign-on, members can easily join or give online, find organizational and chapter events, maintain their contact information, find and use benefits determined by their membership level as recorded in Salesforce, and stay in touch with their chapters though a Chapter Framework experience powered by Organic Groups which allows microsites to be constructed by chapter leaders.
- World Pulse: NextGen — Lead graphic design and frontend development for a brand new website for World Pulse focusing on internationalization and responsive design allowing women across the globe to connect with and empower each other in their own language on their own devices as they seek to solve the most difficult issues in their communities. (View in Portfolio)
- University of Texas: University Policy Office Routing/Review Dashboard — Wireframing, usability studies, user flow design, and assistant to product owner for an expansion to build a Policy Dashboard which guides various University members through drafting, moderated review, and discussion of policy documentation with complete historical archiving of review case process. (Case Study: “Policy of Truth” | View in Portfolio)
Freelance Designer / Developerat
Freelance print and web designer for Tulsa and Austin based businesses and non-profit / arts organizations, including pro bono projects.
Clients include: The Williams Companies, Walsh:Barnes Interactive, George Kaiser Family Foundation, Sterling Integrated Communications, St. Andrew’s Episcopal School, Tulsa Cancer Institute, Tristesse Grief Center, American Advertising Federation Tulsa, The University of Tulsa, Tulsa PAC Trust, Hinkle Creative Services, Oktoberfest Tulsa, 209: The Arts Bar.
Design Technologist (7/11–11/12),
WordPress and Drupal theme and plugin development for sites designed internally and by Walsh Branding emphasizing compatibility and SEO. Clients include: The Williams Companies, Tulsa Airport Authority, Guthrie Green, ONEOK, Osage Casinos, Xylem, FWMurphy, John Zink Hamworthy Combustion, WPX Energy, Downtown [Tulsa] Coordinating Council, The University of Tulsa.
- Introduced responsive design using CSS media queries to streamline mobile development and eliminate “m-dot” sites / UA sniffing.
- Researched and implemented Drupal as a powerful alternative CMS for projects not well suited for WordPress implementation
- Proposed and demonstrated source control using git with a git-flow repository architecture for accurate deployments, code library.
B.F.A. Graphic DesignfrominTulsa
Certificate in Advertising. Minor in Art History. Coursework equivalent to minor in Printmaking.
Zilker Theatre Productions Member of the Board of Directors
Tristesse Grief Center Communications Chair for ARTSCAPE, New Website Design and Development
The University of Tulsa School of Art Volunteer Advisor for Web Development to Design Students
AAF 10th District 2013 Convention Planning Committee Communications Chair, Web Developer
American Advertising Federation – Tulsa Communications Chair, ADDY Awards Graphic Designer
“Levelling Up the Work From Home Experience” Blog Post Four Kitchens Blog, Distributed Culture Series
“Meet Aquifer: A build system for easier Drupal development” Blog Post Four Kitchens Blog, Open Source Product Launch
“Frontend Performance Training” Workshop, Assistant Instructor DrupalCon Barcelona 2015
nth-child(), mathematics, and that moment in school when your teacher said you'd use Algebra in real life” Tutorial Four Kitchens Blog
“Gittin‘ Started with Pantheon’s MultiDev” Tutorial Four Kitchens Blog
“Policy of Truth” Presentation DrupalCamp Austin
Node.js real-time, multiplayer Scrum planning / estimation game.
A typography and legibility sandbox.
A warning and scheduling tool for stage managers.